Was sent recently this track from a reasonably new indie two-piece, it's the lead single off of their forthcoming 2009 debut album. They're from Sweden, they're called the Sweet Serenades. It's really good, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the outcome if Abba decided to take an indie direction with their work. And that's not solely because of their shared port of origin, this music is genuinely up-beat and feelgood. It makes me very happy.




MP3: Mona Lee


Also thought that I'd post, on the subject of Sweden, about Lykke Li, she's someone I sort of ignored through 2008, now i have her album though, and upon first listening it's really good, if I had heard it earlier I might have included it in my best of year list. Well on first listen my favourite track is "Breaking It Up". the lyrical story of which I've ended up on the other side :/ but its a great song!

Lykke Li - Breaking It Up

She's also starred in the recent big triet with kanye west and santogold on the track "Gifted", it's pretty much on every blog, so not really much need to post it again, though you can find it here