Wow, my first ever submission, thanks to Monica from Suiteside, an italian indie label. The band is The Banshee and it is regarding their newly released "Kicks Up" EP, which I was sent a download copy of. It even came with a Press sheet! Now I feel journalistic, I'm going to review the EP as a first for the blog.

The album from which the single is, "Your Nice Habits", was produced by Luke Smith from Clor who also produced a love/hate band of mine, To My Boy. The EP itself makes for interesting listening and I do quite like it, the title track has an edge not too dissimilar to Gary Numan, I mean that as a compliment as well. I also can see similarities to To My Boy, it may be the style of production, but the music itself is a similiar brand of electro-pop. However, The Banshee do carve out a unique sound with 'Kicks Up', I like the track and on the EP the remixes compliment it very well.

I do indeed recommend it, the press sheet includes Devo and New Order as similar artists and you'd probably like it if you like those and I'd also say again To My Boy, if you're a fan of that electro pop outfit, check out The Banshee. Go and buy the EP, it's priced at 2,50 euros! On the conversion rates currently for us brits that is small change.

The Banshee - Kicks Up (radio edit)

I'm not into scoring so I rate this as "Unique, Very Good"