Just thinking about Bands that appreciate video games, there's one that everyone I know, knows of and that's Hadouken. Naming your band after a Street Fighter move was juts simply a classy move.

They are reasonably good, the music is hit and miss for me, there are a few tracks that I really like, and some I'd rather not existed. I heard about them a little while before they struck it big, through a new bands feature on the NME website, this was still when you could download tracks from their myspace so I did just that and had 'That Boy That Girl' on repeat alot. Klaxons were fastly upcoming and weirdly this lot were touted as the 'next klaxons'. They've sort of changed direction since.

Hadouken - That Boy That Girl

Also another of their tracks of which I enjoy is 'Crank it Up' which is a superb socially commentary on the way music is distributed and heard, it namechecks msn and bluetooth as well setting the song as the default ringtone. Pretty much with my friends this is what happens. They're on the ball, see?

Hadouken - Crank it Up

The song has a rather good video too:


I'd say musically the band is nothing special, they just know how to write both an accesssible and danceable tune, the lyrical content shows lead singer James Smith's intelligence and keen eye, no Alex Turner, per se but very clever all the same.