This year England shamefully has not entered Euro 2008, though it is still being broadcast across the nation. I'm writing this not lamenting English football but rather, how neutrality affects how you view the game,

I mean, everyone watching probably has no loyalty or bad feelings to either team playing, (except maybe the Germans). Its weird watching, and I have been watching a fair bit. Spain to win! I thought I had no choice seeing as I support Liverpool and both the manager and roughly half the team are Spanish.


It actually been quite a remarkable tournament, Holland look on top form, Robben's goal was outstanding, as well as Spanish playing brilliantly whereas a favourable Portugal lost out to an overall avergae Germany last night.

I admit I CAN'T play football to save my life, though I do enjoy watching, it is one of the few sports that translates well to televison, unlike Cricket (though that's all changing since Twenty-20)

The good thing about not having England qualify is for once not hearing 'Three Lions', hey I'm not trying to be un-patriotic but it is possibly one of the most annoying songs ever written, I mean, every major tournament it's re-released as per usual and it's just tiring to hear it, once, yeah, once it was a proper anthem, but now it just sounds out of date.

Three Lions

Also, I'm generally considering getting a Spain replica shirt, I mean, the team is great and it's either them or South Korea, I don't want to wear the same as everyone else with their England jerseys