To be honest I am a rather cynical person, it would take something very strong to make me feel emotional, perhaps a sense of danger or the death of a relative or close friend. Something like that could make me cry.

These tracks make me feel really, and I mean really emotional, I don't know why particularly either, but for the weaker minded I warn that you may feel upset.

The whole of Laura Marling's brilliant debut album, 'Alas I Cannot Swim', it's so upsetting I think, her voice is just amazing, every song struck a chord with me I think, it is definitely an album people need to hear!

Laura Marling - My Manic and I
Be sure to buy the album: play.com/amazon.co.uk (I don't normally include such links but it is highly recommended)

Another soloist, Dev Hynes AKA Lightspeed Champion. This is my favourite song of his, even though the 10 minute running time can get a bit boring, the first half of the song definitely stands out, I'd like to have a version of the edit used for the video which contained, IMO, the best part of the song. It's an emotional song to me, though



MP3: Lightspeed Champion - Midnight Surprise

As well as those, a big variety of Joy Division songs can upset me, only one does it really well and that is the anthemic 'Atmosphere', its use at the end of 'Control' was the closest to tears a film has brought me I think.

Joy Division - Atmosphere