Oops I keep having to delay the editions of this now seemingly irregular piece. And it's not because it takes ages to write it's hosting the files that takes the time. I think I'll begin to write and host like two days in advance. And plus the different computers I use have different mp3 files so I end up swapping having to swap PCs just to finish the post. It's time consuming thats for sure.

Well, I decided to go with my 5 newest favourited tracks on Hype Machine this week, seeing as they normally are an indicator of what my listening habits are. The list is correct at the time of writing though has probably changed, I go on everyday normally adding at least one track per day. It's a great website, now only to get this blog listed there!

As my Dad is a pretty much avid Depeche Mode fan, to say the least, it's made my love of the band strong and particularly this track, probably my favourite of theirs, I pretty much like all of their music as I have heard it so often. There are more than a handful of tracks that sound samey and although for some bands that is a bad thing, I believe it helps Depeche Mode, I could tell one of their tracks a mile off
Depeche Mode - Everything Counts

Told about this by a Punk-loving friend of mine, apparently first punk record in Britain, yeah it's old but it's really good!
The Damned - New Rose (Peel Session)

Probably the best Joy Division cover I have ever heard, this really captures the live essence of the band I think, well of what evidence I've seen, slightly faster, though it omits the originals Nazi Concentration Camp brothel monologue, which although quite harrowing is also an essential part of the song IMO. The beginning bass line is perhaps possibly more menancing than the original song, that really does help and although the vocals don't compare to Ian Curtis, James Murphy does very well indeed here.
LCD Soundsystem - No Love Lost

The newest song this week, The Futureheads, an album highlight;
The Futureheads - Sale of the Century

Increasingly relevant as it gets warmer here in the south of England, also the oldest song this week. I truly love it, the ULTIMATE summer song.
The Beatles - Here comes the Sun

Also I have started the big post, pretty much finished the writing, though it'll probably be published sometime next week or the week after, it's going to have a fair few tracks and maybe 3 or 4 videos on it as well. Also in the pipeline is a recap of the last two months, I was thinking of an mp3 from each post which will end up being 30+ tracks so it'll definitely be something of a metapost.