Well new Bloc Party album. It's really good. I already love it after my first listen. It's really succesful at its attempt to blend the different aspects of the music that Bloc Party have made previous to this. These new songs remind of both 'Silent Alarm' and 'Weekend in the City' and that's good. It shows maturity too, they haven't opted out to produce an album of Flux-alites, that song became very popular and this shows that it was just a creative springboard into this amazing album.

They're not isolating their oldest fans which is good, I mean the ones who were turned off by Flux or Mercury although the latter's inclusion may be enough to discourage people. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but I can understand some people will not be entirely happy with their recent direction change. However they should still pick up/download this album. It does show that Bloc Party aren't just trying to be a Dance-Rock act but that they still have that Indie guitar sound sensibility about them.

In essence I love Bloc Party, I'm also insanely jealous of the people who will be watching them this afternoon at Reading fest. Bastards. I think the band have only ever gone from strength to strength, ok the first album is probably still my personal favourite but I heard it as I was really properly getting into the decent sort of music I listen to now. Also heard it 6 months before release (no money for guessin' how). This album is at least as good as their previous work. Just listen to it

Bloc Party - Halo

Bloc Party - One Month Off