I work in Wickes now bludz
pretty fun time I've been having so far, ok well not FUN per se, but better than my expectations and it's both good pay and a good working environment.

Let's give out some moooooosik

The Futureheads - With Every Heartbeat
Don't like the original but was pleasantly surprised by this, it's a good cover, listen to it, the Sunderland-boys vocals sound better than Robyn's whine.

Monkey (Damon Albarn) - Monkey's World
Impressed by the BBC olympic opening and also this song, now I really want to get the album that Albarn made that was adapted from his and Jamie Hewlett's musical. Supposedly rather brilliant.

For those who may have missed the BBC olympic coverage:


Metronomy - My heart rate rapid
Still I'm really impressed by this album, just really consistently good. I love this song, it would have actually been better to atrribute to the review to be perfectly honest.

Razorlight - Rip it Up
Johnny Borrell is such a plank. HOWEVER, this is song is just amazing, IMO the best Razorlight song, I mean if they wrote more music like this, they'd be better off, the 2nd album is too much of a mellow affair I think. Songs like this and Stumble and Fall really appealed to me with their fast nature and Borrell's actually decent singing.

The Strokes - Take it or Leave it
Not really sure why I'm including this, just listened to it and thought it ties things up nicely. Now, the Arctic Monkeys cover, which I'm sure I've posted before in some ways I think is better, maybe because on this track Julian is not singing as shouty as usual, if that makes sense.